Contact Hours2 Hours
Advancements in Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome and MPFL Reconstruction and Rehab
This webinar will review the Medial Patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) as it pertains to patellofemoral pain syndrome and the reconstruction of the ligament after lateral patella subluxation/dislocations. Discussion of the MPFL reconstruction procedure and the protocols that pertain to the rehabilitation process will be covered. In this course we will also identify the correlation between hip and core weakness and MPFL ligament inflammation and integration of cross diagonal principles. Finally, we will discuss protocols & testing for returning the athlete to their specific sport.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify and palpate the MPFL
- Understand the biomechanics of MPFL failure
- Understand MPFL pathogenesis and reconstruction procedure
- Identify and implement appropriate rehabilitation protocols
- Identify and evaluate based on the cross diagonal principle
- Know when to return the athlete to their sport through specific testing
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.