Contact Hours2 Hours
This introductory course is designed for therapists and athletic trainers who are interested in basic taping techniques. Therapeutic taping is a popular therapy technique that improves function, range of motion, decrease pain and helps patients achieve faster results. Taping can be applied to patients across various populations with many diagnoses, including orthopedic, pediatric and neurologic. Therapeutic taping can allow the results achieved in the clinic to be carried through when the patient leaves the clinic. Taping can be easily used in conjunction with other modalities and practices in the clinics, making it a safe and effective choice for treatment of all populations.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Provide the basic philosophy behind taping
- Provide the basic rationale behind taping for pain, inhibition, activation, lymphatic flow, re-educate neuromuscular system and prevent injury
- Identify the benefits of therapeutic taping
- Be able to identify the different type of tapes on the market and their differences
- Identify how to treat at least 5 common conditions using therapeutic tape
- Be able to explain to patients that benefits of continued taping at home
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.