Contact Hours2 Hours
An introductory course designed to assist therapists in differentiating between cervical vertigo and other types of dizziness. This course will include instruction in basic anatomy and physiology of the cervical spine, “testing” for cervicogenic dizziness (CGD), treatment options, and recovery. Discussion will also include red flags and appropriate referrals, as well as controversial beliefs regarding CGD.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify basic anatomy & physiology of the cervical spine
- Define cervicogenic dizziness (CGD)
- Perform “testing” to distinguish cervicogenic dizziness from other types of dizziness
- Apply appropriate treatment for cervicogenic dizziness
- Recognize red flags and when to refer to another specialist
- Discuss recovery and goals
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.