Date & Time06/24/2021 8:00 pm ET
Contact Hours2 Hours
The number of people with diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs) continues to grow every year. Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants can play a huge role in helping these patients heal to hopefully prevent amputation. In this course, participants will learn about what leads to diabetic foot ulcers, how to classify them based on the Wagner scale, and what treatment interventions are most appropriate based on the severity of the wound.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify factors leading to diabetic foot ulcers.
- Explain pathogenesis of diabetic foot ulcers, including the trineuropathy aspect.
- Explain the Wagner scale.
- Compare and contrast osteomyelitis with Charcot Foot.
- Explain the purpose, along with indications and contraindications, of total contact casts.
- Explain role of physical therapy in patients with diabetic foot ulcers
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.