Contact Hours2 Hours
Have fun learning the basics of Integrative Reflexology. Reflexology is the application of pressure to specific areas on the hands and feet and studies show that it may have an effect on the reduction of pain and promote relaxation while decreasing stress and anxiety. It is the landmarks that are the key for finding the location of the reflex points and reflex areas. Easy hand techniques show how to apply stimulation to those reflexology areas and points. The participant will be educated in the four theories of Integrative Reflexology bringing this topic to life. A color reflexology foot chart is included with this course.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify and stimulate reflexology points and areas, with a variety of strokes and techniques
- Summarize the roles of meridians in reflexology
- Explain the role of proper alignment, proper shoes (that effect alignment) in reflex areas and the associated tenderness
- List the possible precautions and contraindications for a reflexology session
- Perform a basic therapeutic reflexology session
- Summarize the benefits of reflexology to include decreased pain and anxiety and increased relaxation leading to an increase in physical activity and the client/patient being able to better participate in meaningful activities.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.