Contact Hours2 Hours
This 2 hour webinar focuses on The Meeks Method evidence based 12 point approach to the epidemic conditions of Osteoporosis and Osteopenia with applications to the practice of occupational therapy, physical therapy and athletic training. The course will review the risk factors and signs of osteoporosis as well as common fracture sites. Participants will be educated regarding the basic principles of The Meeks Method of movement to include postural alignment, body mechanics and ergonomic applications for S.A.F.E. functional movement patterns during occupational performance.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify who is at risk in our clinics? Understand the definition, pathology and epidemiology of Osteoporosis and recognize risk factors and intervention strategies applicable to OT/PT/AT practice.
- Identify harmful motions to avoid and incorporate S.A.F.E. positioning during movement.
- Integrate basic principles of The Meeks Method of movement including postural alignment, body mechanics and ergonomic applications for S.A.F.E. functional movement patterns during ADL’s, IADLs, exercise and other areas of occupation.
- Be able to describe the Patterns of Postural Change© and intervention strategies to facilitate improved posture and corrective measures in standing and seated activities.
- Become familiar with Optimal Bone Building – Principles and guidelines
- Become familiar with Acute Compression Fracture Management – Methods to UN-load, elongate, and protect the spine
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.