Date & Time
8:00 am ‐ 5:00 pm ET
AddressBaptist Hospital, 3rd Floor, 8900 North Kendall Drive
Miami , FL 33196
Contact Hours8 Hours
Don’t miss the early registration pricing!
$199 through November 23rd
$219 after November 23rd
Call 1-888-459-2272 ext. 505 for great group rates!
This 8-hour interactive multi-disciplinary course will guide therapist through current best practices and application on updated research regarding the rehab management of patients after stroke. Participants will review and discuss motor learning concepts, updated literature supporting treatment strategies, and identify orthotics, slings, and taping for the upper and lower extremities. The course will also review best practices on the management of patients with contraversive pushing. In addition, participants will learn ways to promote early caregiver activation and feel empowered to move forward in applying concepts learned for the management of patients after stroke.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss motor learning techniques utilized in the treatment of a patient with stroke.
- Describe the importance of “Moving Forward” with evidenced based research.
- Explain current literature on treatment strategies in stroke rehabilitation.
- Discuss current best practice for contraversive pushing.
- Identify various orthotics, slings, and taping options for the upper and lower extremities.
- Explain various outcome measures utilized in the management of stroke
- Recall ways to apply and promote early caregiver activation.
- Discuss effective ways to apply new knowledge and evidence in clinical practice.
8:00 to 8:10: Introduction
8:10 to 9:15 Motor Learning Techniques: Neuroplasticity, Optimal Theory of Motor Learning, and Error Augmentation
9:15 to 9:45 Embracing emerging evidence: ANPT position paper “Moving Forward’
9:45 to 9:55 Break
9:55 to 11:15 Research then and now: An overview of past and current treatment strategies in the management of a patient after stroke
11:15 to 12:00 Outcome Measures
12:00 to 1:00 Lunch
1:00 to 2:00 Contraversive pushing
2:00 to 3:00 Orthotics, Slings, and Taping
3:00 to 3:10 Break
3:10 to 3:45 Early Caregiver Activation
3:45 to 4:45 Applying evidenced based practice with the utilization of Knowledge Translation
4:45 to 5:00: Questions and wrap up
Other Course Information:
- Course check-in begins at 7:30am
- Participants are on their own for lunch (1 hour break)
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Accreditation of this course does not necessarily imply the FPTA supports the views of the presenter or the sponsors.