Contact Hours2 Hours
At the end of this course the participant will have a better understanding of exercise physiology concepts important to incorporate into program design for strength and conditioning programs. Periodization training concepts and progression for exercise prescription for volume and intensity will be discussed. Finally, the understanding of teaching concepts for power lifts and olympic lifts and proper implementation into program design will be reviewed.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand muscle physiology and muscle fiber types.
- Understand concept of overload and SAID principles.
- Understand anaerobic and aerobic energy systems.
- Perform an evaluation of energy system demand for prescription of exercise and work to rest ratios.
- Understand lever systems.
- Understand mechanoreceptors.
- Understand periodization concepts for volume, intensity, and order of exercise.
- Understand various phases of periodization.
- Understand & discuss various Power lifts.
- Review and provide guidance on concepts related to olympic lifts.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to various polling questions asked throughout the webinar.