Date & Time08/30/2021 7:00 pm ET
Contact Hours3 Hours
This course is designed to establish or deepen your understanding of self-regulation and co-regulation. The course will also provide you with the most recent statistics, criteria, and characteristics of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). You will learn about the assessments and diagnostic tools, as well as intervention teams and supports available to this population. This course also provides a foundation of knowledge about neuroscience and its relationship to self-regulation and co-regulation. Recent studies and research show the function and connection of the CNS and PNS, and neuroplasticity to sensory processing, attention, emotional regulation, and self- regulation. This course helps professionals understand the what, where, when, and why about neuroscience and certain behaviors and in children with ASD, ADHD, & SPD.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define the terms of self- regulation and co-regulation
- Summarize the intricacies of self-regulation and co-regulation
- Recognize the diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), & Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Differentiate between symptoms of ASD, SPD, & ADHD
- Recognize the form (anatomy) and function (physiology) of the Nervous System (Neuroscience)and how it is related to self-regulation and co-regulation
- Summarize the neurodiversity of children with ASD, SPD, ADHD
- Explain the enteric system and the brain- gut connection and its relationship to self-regulation.
- Apply knowledge from this course to clinical and school-based cases
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to various polling questions asked throughout the webinar.