Contact Hours2 Hours
This overview course will provide an introduction to the basic principles, indications, contraindications, evidence, and practical applications of dry needling for orthpaedic and sports patients and clients. The course will be primarily in lecture format with demonstrations/videos.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Be able to define dry needling and how it relates to other interventions to the musculoskeletal system
- Understand and discuss theories and current best evidence related to dry needling as it relates to musculoskeletal conditions.
- Understand and describe the indications, precautions, contraindications, and legal considerations of dry needling.
- Describe the potential complications and adverse events that may be associated with dry needling.
- Understand safe techniques, needle safety, and practical applications of dry needling.
- Understand different techniques and procedures for the application of dry needling in orthopedic and sports types of patients/clients.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.