Contact Hours1.5 Hours
A pandemic of a novel coronavirus known as COVID19 has enveloped the globe in 2020. Health care practitioners around the world encounter people potentially presenting a highly contagious infectious agent for which medicine has no cure and no definitive intervention to manage. What can clinicians do to mitigate the spread of the pathogen, to protect themselves and their patients, and to help those affected by it? Explore the latest CDC guidelines for prevention of coronavirus COVID19 in this brief overview of infection control.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the known characteristics of the Coronavirus known as COVID-19
- Identify people who may be persons under investigation for the coronavirus COVID19
- Employ appropriate infection prevention and control measures
- Evaluate risks for exposures to pathogens
- Maximize the use of personal protective equipment PPE such as masks, gloves
- Manage patient care during the pandemic using appropriate hygienic interventions
- Identify where to access updated information from the CDC on infection control.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.