Contact Hours2 Hours
Throughout this webinar presentation, participants will gain an understanding of signs and symptoms that are consistent with the clinical presentation of cervical myelopathy. The course will include an overview of common causes and levels of cervical myelopathy and the role of therapy in conservative management. The participants will gain an understanding of collaboration with a multidisciplinary team and will be presented with an overview of assessment, treatment and prognosis in pre- and post-operative diagnosis of cervical myelopathy. The course material will be supported by evidence and best practice throughout. The learner will leave feeling competent with identification of cervical cord compression, management strategies and treatment interventions.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify signs and symptoms that are consistent with the clinical presentation of cervical myelopathy
- Describe key examination and treatment interventions
- Summarize guidelines on prognosis and expected outcomes based on a patient’s deficit levels
- Utilize talking points for patients to have a better understanding of their injury and resulting deficits
- Explain the importance of collaboration of PT and OT to effectively treat a patient with a diagnosis of cervical myelopathy
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.