Contact Hours2 Hours
Currently within the United States, 5.8 million Americans are living with dementia. This number is expected to rise to 14 million by the year 2050. Sadly, the majority of these patients and their families are facing each day with so many uncertainties regarding diagnosis, prognosis and best treatment options. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the healthcare clinician to guide, treat, and educate patients and their families in the benefits of functional mobility in order to allow enhanced quality of life.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify various types of dementia and their defining signs and symptoms
- Recognize the stages of Alzheimer’s disease with varied batteries of defining each stage
- Describe the seven “A’s” of dementia
- Apply evidenced based therapeutic responses into practice
- Recite tactics for reaching and retaining patient success within the dementia patient
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to various polling questions asked throughout the webinar.