Contact Hours2 Hours
This course will cover identification of gait abnormalities in the amputee population and possible patient/prosthetic causes. Treatment ideas will be discussed to correct gait deviations in transfemoral and transtibial amputation patients with special consideration for bilateral amputees. Videos will be used to identify common deviations.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify gait deviations seen in the transtibial and transfemoral amputee.
2. Distinguish between prosthetic and patient causes for gait deviations in the transtibial and transfemoral amputee.
3. List alternative treatment ideas of correcting patient related gait deviations with amputee population.
4. Identify ways to build relationships with prosthetists to create a team appropriate regarding gait deviations seen with the amputee population.
5. Discuss special gait considerations when treating bilateral amputees.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.