Contact Hours1 Hours
This course will provide an overview and background on human trafficking. The focus of this course will be to specify warning signs, risk factors and indicators associated to human trafficking. We will discuss some recent statistics related to the prevalence of human trafficking and its widespread impact on the United States. This course will cover the Michigan laws that concern human trafficking along with how to report human trafficking in Michigan. Available resources for victims will also be reviewed.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define human trafficking.
- Recognize the types and venues of human trafficking in the United States
- Identify risk factors, warning signs and indicators of human trafficking in healthcare settings for adults and minors
- Identify Michigan laws that concern human trafficking.
- Summarize resources available and how to report potential human trafficking in Michigan.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.