Contact Hours1.5 Hours
This course will provide an overview and background on human trafficking. The focus of this course will be to specify warning signs, risk factors and indicators associated to human trafficking. We will discuss some recent statistics related to the prevalence of Human Trafficking and its widespread impact on the United States. It will include an interview with Sophia Strother, human trafficking survivor and overcomer as well as community advocate and speaker. This course will cover the Texas penal code that concerns human trafficking along with how to report human trafficking in Texas. Available resources for victims and survivors of Human Trafficking will also be reviewed.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define human trafficking and settings where trafficked individuals might be encountered.
- Differentiate the different types of human trafficking.
- Identify risk factors, warning signs and indicators for human trafficking.
- Discuss possible scenarios regarding human trafficking in healthcare settings and provide strategies to build trust while keeping the victims safe.
- Define Texas laws that concern human trafficking.
- Summarize how to report potential human trafficking in Texas.
- Discuss the importance of survivor-centered care and multidisciplinary referrals including the role of law enforcement.
- Discuss the importance of organizational protocols to appropriately respond to cases of suspected and actual cases of human trafficking.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.