Date & Time11/28/2022 8:00 pm ET
Contact Hours2 Hours
This introductory course will identify the basic physiological processes related to osteoarthritis of the hand and wrist. Best practice for treatment of patients will be covered. Evidence and research related to arthritis, therapy and functional use will be presented. Participants will learn the most relevant clinical treatment techniques and patient education for their clients.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the physiological processes that cause osteoarthritis
- Identify functional difficulties that can arise from hand/wrist arthritis
- Evaluate hand and wrist arthritis patients
- Provide clients with education on joint protection and adaptive devices.
- Create effective exercise programs for clients with hand/wrist arthritis
- Assist clients in identifying pain management techniques for osteoarthritis
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.