Contact Hours2 Hours
Best Practice in Acute and Intensive Care – Optimizing Treatment in the Setting of Invasive Lines, Tubes, and Monitoring
Acute Care and ICU therapy is a growing area of practice. This course is geared toward both the new/entry-level and advanced practice therapist to integrate the complexity of lines, tubes, and monitoring devices and optimize them to advance treatment options with patients.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Integrate information on invasive lines, tubes, and monitoring devices with patient presentation
- Consider acute care and ICU safety guidelines for physical and occupational therapy intervention and exercise on the impact of patient care and outcomes
- Explain physiological responses to exercise in order to safely monitor patients during “high-intensity” treatment
- Demonstrate integration and application of acute care competencies: safety, sound clinical decision making, communication, and discharge planning
- Discuss treatment approaches to creatively optimize patient physical functioning in the acute and ICU setting
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.