Contact Hours2 Hours
The purpose of this webinar is to provide evidenced-based research to guide occupational therapists & occupational therapy assistants within the school setting when providing sensory integration treatment to their students. This course aims to link research to practice to assist therapists in picking out therapeutic strategies and activities.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss a brief history of sensory integration.
- Discuss the various definitions of sensory integration.
- Discuss neurological basis for providing sensory integration treatment.
- Understand current views surrounding sensory integration treatment.
- Discuss theoretical framework for providing sensory integration treatment.
- Understand various studies based on current research in the areas of sensory integration treatments.
- Have improved knowledge about choosing therapeutic activities and strategies that are based on best practice literature.
- Link sensory integration to the concept of self-regulation and review different strategies addressing self-regulation.
- Assist occupational therapists & assistants in articulating “why they do what they do” with children to teachers, administrators, parents and caregivers.
- Link theory and research to help choose the best treatment activities.
- Provide examples of activities based on evidenced based research.
- Discuss goal writing as related to sensory integration and self-regulation.
- Better understand therapy recommendations and service delivery models.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to various polling questions asked throughout the webinar.