Date & Time03/04/2024 7:00 pm ET
Contact Hours3 Hours
This course will provide evidenced-based research to guide occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants in the areas of best practices for addressing executive functioning in children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disorders. This course will review the components of executive functioning and will review specific research related to the struggles that children with autism face in terms of executive functioning and how it impacts their daily life skills. This course will also include specific research based and evidenced based treatment methods used to treat executive functioning deficits and improve life skills in children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define “evidenced-based” versus “research-based” treatment approaches.
- Summarize current literature on executive functioning and the components executive functioning.
- Recognize executive functioning deficits in children autism based on the current literature.
- Apply current treatment strategies and methods used to address executive functioning in the clinic, school and at home.
- Utilize specific tools to assist with executive functioning to address: initiation, memory, problem solving, daily life skills, and self-regulation.
- Recall where to obtain resources to assist with executive functioning.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Allied Health Education is an AOTA approved provider of professional development. PD activity approval ID #9133. This distance learning interactive activity is offered at .3 CEUs introductory, service delivery, foundational knowledge.
AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products or clinical procedures
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.