Contact Hours2.5 Hours
This is an intermediate course designed for therapists to improve their ability to evaluate and treat patients with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). This course will review the etiology of BPPV and the vestibular anatomy pertaining to this diagnosis. It will also include instruction in evaluation and treatment techniques in order for therapists to be able to effectively treat patients with BPPV.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Summarize the etiology of BPPV
- Identify peripheral vestibular anatomy
- Describe how to effectively perform a vertebral artery screen
- Describe how to effectively perform a oculomotor screen
- Perform a thorough physical therapy evaluation for BPPV
- Develop an effective treatment plan for common forms of BPPV.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.