Contact Hours2 Hours
This course will describe types of burns and the different levels of severity. It will also define some psychosocial aspects to consider when caring for patients with burns. Finally, this course will identify basic treatment for burns, including the role of the therapist.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
1) List and describe types and severity of burns
2) Identify two classification systems for determining burn size
3) Describe what hypertrophic scarring is and why it occurs
4) List psychosocial aspects of caring for burn patients
5) Identify basic treatment options for burns, including medical treatment as well as the therapist’s role
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.