Contact Hours3.5 Hours
This 3 ½ hour course will cover the multifactorial components of examining and treating a patient with cervicalgia. Multifactorial components covered in this course include the relationship between cervicalgia and topics to include Fibromyalgia, postural deficits, first rib mobility issues, headache presentation, glenohumeral mobility deficits, myofascial trigger points with cervical referral pattern, TMD and eyestrain from technology use. Students will review case studies and chose appropriate contributing factors to the patient’s cervicalgia presentation. Students will discuss and identify appropriate evidenced based treatment based on clinical presentation.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize and identify five frequent causes of cervicalgia as presented in the course material.
- Develop one treatment choice based on the following criteria to resolve cervicalgia based on each of the following learning objectives topics: Cervicalgia and Glenohumeral Mobility, Cervicalgia and First Rib Mobility Restriction and, Cervicalgia and Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Cervicalgia and Fibromyalgia.
- Examine the structure and function of the first rib in relation to cervical anatomy and headache presentation.
- Provide examples of headache type based on case study presentations.
- Identify postural contributions to cervicalgia based on review of anatomy and case study presentation.
- Analyze contributing factors in patient case studies where cervicalgia is presented with one or more contributing factors.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.