Contact Hours2 Hours
Correct coding and documentation for therapy reimbursement is critical to the success of any outpatient clinic or home health provider. This course will include information on Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and how to use these codes for wheelchair seating and mobility services. Documentation of the evaluation and treatment intervention will be presented to demonstrate provision of skilled care and justify the need for recommended assistive technology. For those patients insured by Medicare, the selection of G-codes and tools to select modifiers will be presented and discussed.
In addition, strategies to keep your seating clinic viable will be shared. Many consumers with complex functional mobility needs depend upon dedicated Seating and Wheeled Mobility (SWM) Clinics for specialty CRT clinical services. SWM Clinics are increasingly under scrutiny to demonstrate cost- effectiveness or risk closure. This course provides information to support proper coding and documentation and examine methods to enhance efficiencies for sustainable clinical CRT services.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe and understand the use of CPT codes for assistive technology service provision.
- Recognize common restrictions for each of these codes including units billed per visit and combining of CPT codes.
- Describe and implement the necessary components of documentation to support skilled therapy services for reimbursement and to obtain funding approval for assistive technology.
- Identify how to set up a clinic to maximize revenue while providing optimal service provision.
- Describe 3 strategies to run a successful and efficient seating clinic.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.