Contact Hours3 Hours
Shoulder pain is complex to isolate and treat at times. This course aims to provide a comprehensive approach to the treatment of common shoulder dysfunctions. It will include an overview of a variety of common orthopedic shoulder conditions to include case studies related to the diagnoses of rotator cuff impingement, RCT and SLAP tear. This course explores the effectiveness of different manual therapy approaches to treatment and delves into the rationale for therapeutic exercise and home exercise prescription. This comprehensive course will help therapists to gain confidence in developing an effective treatment plan for their patients with orthopedic shoulder conditions.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize common orthopedic conditions of the shoulder
- Recognize effective manual therapy treatment approaches
- Explain the importance of the different stages of healing and how they correlate to the phases of rehab
- Discuss therapeutic exercise and home exercise prescription rationale
- Utilize therapeutic taping techniques in the treatment of orthopedic shoulder conditions
- Summarize the importance of Posture, Breathing, Form, Biomechanics and Ergonomics in the therapy plan of care in order to promote independence in ADLs.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.