Contact Hours1 Hours
Concepts in the Management and Prevention of HIV
This course will provide an overview and background on the stages of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). The modes of transmission along with strategies to prevent the spread of HIV will be further discussed and will include data from recent evidence regarding seroconversion rates. Finally, information regarding the laws and regulations, including the Florida Omnibus AIDS act, will be covered as this relates to skilled therapy providers in the state of Florida.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the modes of transmission for HIV
- Discuss the clinical management for HIV/AIDS
- Identify appropriate strategies for the prevention of HIV
- Explain the pre-exposure prophylaxis medications available for HIV
- Discuss the HIV testing-related requirements of the Florida Omnibus AIDS Act
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.