Contact Hours2 Hours
Cryotherapy: Evidence Based Practice and Future Frontiers
Cryotherapy has been utilized in the therapy world since the beginning, yet we still are discovering new methods and effects. This course aims to educate the learner on cryotherapy evidence and enhance the understanding of this often misunderstood technique. Therapeutic benefits, risks, indications and contraindications will be explored. Lab demonstrations of various application methods will be introduced. Additionally, reimbursement and possible future uses will be discussed.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the extensive history of cryotherapy use by both the public and health professionals.
- Summarize the current evidence on the use of cryotherapy.
- Identify at least 3 of the primary benefits and risks associated with cryotherapy.
- Recognize the indications and contraindications for cryotherapy.
- Recall at least one emerging use of cryotherapy in modern medicine.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.