Contact Hours2 Hours
This webinar is intended to provide an overview of blood flow restriction training and its intended applications in clinical practice. Blood flow restriction training is an effective tool in managing pain, muscle weakness and return to sport/high-demand activity for clients of all ages. Specifically, this course will review how to implement it in a treatment plan with respect to orthopedic conditions involving the upper and lower extremity using an evidence-based approach as well as pertinent clinical case studies/examples for various musculoskeletal conditions.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Summarize the basic science and application of blood flow restriction (BFR) training
- Recognize general precautions, contraindications and indications for the use of BFR training
- Summarize the different commercial and private options available on the market for patients as well as the major differences between them
- Recognize how to determine the best candidates for BFR training as well as the optimal timing of this modality within the treatment plan
- Apply current research regarding the efficacy of BFR training and outcomes as it pertains to non-operative and post-operative patients in the outpatient setting
- Integrate BFR training as an adjunct to the therapy plan for patients across the age spectrum with chronic pain, weakness and athletic injuries
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.