Contact Hours3 Hours
As technology, surgical techniques, and graft options continue to evolve with regards to ACL reconstruction, sports medicine professionals must stay abreast of changes within the literature to assure proper rehabilitation of athletes. Some of the topics to be covered throughout this course include the need for surgical reconstruction, graft choice options, and functional bracing. Participants will also review the possible benefits of inclusion of a neuromuscular injury prevention program while taking a closer look at appropriate rehabilitation exercises to integrate during different stages of post-operative recovery. Individuals will be able to distinguish between different types of functional tests, which will allow sports medicine professionals to develop a more comprehensive return to play plan.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the importance and need of surgical reconstruction of ACL ligament in young active population.
- Distinguish similarities and differences in outcomes between autograft sources
- Compare the different choice between autograft and allograft type.
- Interpret the need or lack of need for use of functional bracing after ACL reconstruction.
- Summarize the possible benefits of implementing a neuromuscular rehabilitation plan.
- Recommend appropriate rehabilitation exercises during different stages of post-operative care.
- Distinguish the difference between functional tests, including hop test and tuck jump assessment.
- Construct a return to play plan that may incorporate multiple considerations, including isokinetic, functional testing, and subjective reports.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.