Contact Hours2 Hours
As the healthcare world continues to evolve, patients are moving through the acute care setting at a faster rate with insurance companies approving less post acute rehab stays in facilities. This poses multiple issues for the therapy provider as they are continually challenged to evaluate and treat patients and make the appropriate recommendation to transition the patient to the next level of care in as little as 30 minutes. Sometimes they only get a small handful of sessions to make an impact before they leave the hospital. New and seasoned therapists struggle with the ever-changing complexities of acute care, insurance ins and outs, and critical, clinical, real-time decision making skills to make the appropriate recommendation. As clinical decision making is a hard topic to teach, it is something that a lot of clinicians learn through trial and error in the early years of their career. In this course, you will learn about common road blocks therapists encounter in the hospital setting and how to make the right decision, quickly and confidently.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize healthcare statistics about discharge planning
- Discuss various discharge destinations
- Explain different parts of Medicare
- Describe difference between Medicare and Medicaid coverage
- Discuss the challenges of acute care therapy and discharge planning
- Discuss a therapist’s role in this setting
- Explain differences in decision making between new and seasoned therapists
- Describe all of the different factors that have an impact on decision making
- Explain the importance of all teammates involved in discharge planning and their role
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.