Contact Hours2 Hours
This course was designed to help therapists and athletic trainers design and implement functional testing guidelines to advance the recovery of individuals healing from a musculoskeletal injury. Through looking at the theory of development, acquiring the knowledge of normal versus pathological movement, and identifying key criteria that helps you to progress or regress the community individuals in which you are aiding in their injury recovery. This course will also assist with making sound decisions for different age groups and different sports based off of the foundational understanding of movement, coordination, strength and power metrics.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify Foundational Movement Skills
- Describe the Quantification of Movement
- Identify Movement screens and their applicability to functional assessments
- Apply Strategic Assessment of Risk and Risk Tolerance (StARRT) framework for return-to-play decision-making
- Examine the Stratification of Work Load Ratios and Strength Measurements
- Summarize the different means of assessing power
- Identify and implement functional testing guidelines
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.