Contact Hours2 Hours
This course is an introduction to Developmental Care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). It is relevant to PTs & OTs currently practicing in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit or considering practicing in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. This course will cover a history & evolution of the NICU, understanding neurobehavioral development from preterm through term, as well as, the latest research & evidence.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Paraphrase the history and evolution of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Define Developmental Care
- Explain the Synactive Theory of Development and related theories as well as their influence on developmental care
- Summarize Neurobehavioral Development from preterm to term
- Describe best practice outcomes
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.