Contact Hours2 Hours
Today’s healthcare reimbursement process presents challenges to physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists. The key to reimbursement is ensuring that you and your organization develop quality documentation procedures. In “Documentation Essentials” you will learn from an experienced documentation reviewer how to apply the words “reasonable” and “necessary” in your documentation to ensure that your organization’s billable work is reimbursed for the skilled work done with your patients. As a physical therapist, occupational therapist, or speech-language pathologist, you work too hard to achieve positive patient outcomes to not be reimbursed for the services that you provide. This course will provide you with necessary tools to help prevent denials and, if necessary, mount a successful appeals effort.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain how “evidence-based” documentation is determined.
- Utilize key words/principles outlined in Medicare’s definition to analyze any documentation
- Recognize how medical necessity is demonstrated in typical components of therapy documentation
- Demonstrate meeting, and not exceeding, a patient’s needs with documentation
- Summarize how ethical standards of practice apply to proper documentation
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions throughout the webinar.