Contact Hours2 Hours
The roles of OTs & OTAs are expanding within evolving healthcare and community settings. These changes require increased reliance on professional judgement and support systems to address novel ethical situations in addition to age old ethical dilemmas. This course is designed to enable occupational therapists & occupational therapy assistants to navigate ethically challenging scenarios and create ethically supportive environments in order to decrease moral distress and improve professional outcomes.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify Core Principles of Ethics according to the Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics
- Recognize common occurrences of moral distress and how to seek support
- Compare utilitarian, deontological, and virtue based ethical discernment styles
- Apply Ethical constructs to occupational therapy case-based scenarios
- Strategize opportunities to promote ethical discussion and support in work settings
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions throughout the webinar.