Contact Hours2 Hours
Ergonomics: Don’t Let Your Patient’s Work be a Pain
This course will educate clinicians on most current research and trends in office ergonomics and how it may impact their patient’s care. Often clients are referred for overuse injuries or musculoskeletal disorders of unknown origin. Although we can’t always be certain that their job is the cause it may certainly be impacting their symptoms. The clinician will learn ways they can tackle office ergonomics with their client without actually visiting their office. This class will focus on upper extremity overuse injuries.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the most recent evidence regarding office ergonomics and musculoskeletal disorders.
- Recognize which diagnoses are most likely to be impacted or initiated by poor ergonomic postures
- Understand how to evaluate equipment needs specific to their client and their injury or impairment
- Understand the pros and cons of a variety of office equipment that will be addressed including chairs, mouse, keyboards/tray, and foot rests.
- Develop appropriate ergonomic strategies for their clients without going to their actual work place.
- Review recent literature on sit to stand workstations and treadmill desk.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.