Contact Hours4 Hours
A comprehensive ethics & jurisprudence course designed to educate physical therapists and physical therapist assistants. This course was created to impact the way ethical decision making is viewed as a licensed professional and to provide meaningful perspectives from one therapist to another. This unique course incorporates sport psychology principles, regulatory and industry standards to highlight the full spectrum of ethics within the profession of physical therapy. This course will also cover the rules and regulations governing the practice of physical therapy in the state of Tennessee.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the ethical spectrum from a physical therapy perspective
- Apply the principles of the APTA Code of Ethics and Guide for Professional Conduct/APTA Standards for Ethical Conduct for Physical Therapist Assistant and APTA Guide for Professional Conduct of the Physical Therapist Assistants in to practice.
- Summarize how sport psychology impacts our patients as well as our treatment
- Summarize the HIPAA privacy rule and protected PHI
- Recognize how ethics relates to proper coding, billing and documentation
- Summarize the rules & regulations governing the practice of physical therapy in the state of Tennessee
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 20 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.