Contact Hours2 Hours
This course will provide instruction on how to examine, differentially diagnose and manually treat multiple causes of referred and local temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain and dysfunction. The participant will be able to rule in and rule out possible radicular and neck involvement to TMJ caused symptoms.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the anatomy and recognize the biomechanics of the TM joint and clicking patterns
- Recite appropriate definitions and pathology relating to Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
- Explain common TMJ dysfunctions/muscle spasm/lateral pterygoid involvement
- Summarize manual treatment options and relaxation exercises
- State the role of the cervical spine, radicular symptoms and posture on TMD
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.