Date & Time10/19/2023 8:00 pm ET
Contact Hours2 Hours
Pelvic health rehabilitation is a niche area of practice that is incredibly important to the health and wellness of women experiencing pelvic symptoms. Very often women have consulted with multiple medical providers before finding their way to pelvic health therapy. This course is designed to help clinicians become immediately effective in improving the quality of life of these women.
This course is targeted to both treating pelvic health clinicians and those beginning a new area of practice. Treatment strategies for clinicians of all areas of practice will be provided as most women have pelvic health symptoms at some point throughout their life.
The course will begin with ensuring complete understanding of female pelvic anatomy and importance of the pelvic floor muscles with bladder and bowel function as well as core stability. The most common conditions treated in female pelvic health rehabilitation will be introduced including urinary incontinence, constipation, pelvic organ prolapse, dyspareunia and pelvic pain. This course will complete a detailed review of patient presentation, objective findings, tradition and novel treatment interventions as well as the prognosis/plan of care.
Objective examination skills will be introduced including the full modified pelvic examination and external assessment strategies for clinicians of all practice areas. Effective patient interventions and proper progression will be outlined. Following completion of the course clinicians will be able to competently address the most common pelvic health symptoms women experience.
Methods of instruction include: lecture presentation, multi-media and written material.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand normal pelvic floor muscle function and importance in pelvic health.
- Understand normal pelvic floor muscle function with breathing and its roll in core stabilization.
- Identify the most common symptoms associated with pelvic floor muscle weakness and pelvic floor muscle tension.
- Understand how to assess the pelvic floor muscles both externally and internally with the modified pelvic examination.
- Understand treatment options utilized with pelvic health therapy and how to properly progress through a plan of care.
- Properly educate women on return to general wellness and exercise considering their pelvic health presentation.
- Identify proper assessment scales to utilize with this patient population to improve effectiveness of documentation and reimbursement.
- Better understand referral sources and marketing concepts associated with this population.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.