Date & Time07/25/2023 7:30 pm ET
Contact Hours2.5 Hours
Foundation of Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
This dynamic webinar on Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) will delve into the foundation of Gua Sha, review history of IASTM, cover research, principles of IASTM, physiologic effect of IASTM, strokes, and teach the viewer techniques for the cervical, shoulder, lumbar, hip, knee and ankle regions of the body.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recall the foundation and principles of IASTM
- Identify at least 3 precautions and contraindications of IASTM
- Differentiate the physiologic effect vs. mechanotransduction effect of IASTM
- Summarize three sources of research on the effectiveness of IASTM to reduce pain and improve motion leading to the client’s ability to better participate in meaningful activities.
- Differentiate the framing, strumming from fanning and other strokes
- Explain how to perform 2-3 strokes to address latent trigger points in the cervical, shoulder, lumbar, hip, knee and ankle regions
- Explain how to perform 2-3 strokes to address latent trigger points in the chest and forearm regions
- Identify at least 3-5 tools that can be used to perform IASTM
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.