Contact Hours2 Hours
For many massage therapists, treating low back pain is the number one issue for their clients. While there are likely to be a myriad of causes for this pain, the biggest factor may be the quadratus lumborum muscle. When this muscle become contracted due to injuries, poor posture, extended stints of sitting, or even stress, they can alter the biomechanics of the pelvis and lumbar, thoracic and even cervical vertebrae. Renowned authors Janet Travell and David Simons called the quadratus lumborum “the joker of low back pain”. This powerful core muscle can be the key to restoring power, ease, and fluidity to not only the low back but also to the rest of the body.
Skilled, comprehensive and precise active release/deep tissue work on the quadratus lumborum muscle can provide powerful relief to sufferers of low back pain. With Peggy Lamb’s innovative Muscle Swimming technique massage therapists will create longer lasting relief and save their hands.
This course is essential for massage therapists working toward assisting their clients and helping them achieve an injury-free state.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define the actions, functions, and influences the quadratus lumborum has on the low back and pelvis
- Recognize if your client’s low back and hip pain is due to the quadratus lumborum muscle
- Identify assessment tests for a short quadratus lumborum
- Identify corrections for high ilium
- Recognize trigger point referral patterns of the quadratus lumborum
- Recall palpation skills used for the quadratus lumborum muscle
- Identify Peggy Lamb’s Muscle Swimming techniques for release of the quadratus lumborum muscle
- Recall stretches to maintain your client’s low back and pelvic health
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.