Contact Hours2 Hours
“Functional Rehab for Lower Extremity Injuries” is an intermediate level, 2 hour webinar that will include instruction on the recognition and treatment of a variety of common orthopedic knee pathologies. Method of instruction will include written materials and demonstrative videos. The participant will learn injury prevention and performance enhancement techniques. Treatment strategies discussed will include closed kinetic chain and balance/proprioceptive exercises. Post operative care for the lower extremity will also be discussed. This course is relevant to any clinician who treats any type of knee patient in an athletic training room, orthopedic or outpatient setting.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the basic anatomy of the hip and knee.
- Recognize a variety of common orthopedic knee pathologies.
- Formulate a treatment program for common orthopedic knee pathologies.
- Describe specific therapeutic exercises for the knee to include closed chain and balance/proprioceptive exercises.
- Develop a basic understanding of injury prevention and performance enhancement techniques related to the knee.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.