Date & Time11/02/2023 7:00 pm ET
Contact Hours3 Hours
Conditions of the knee do not happen in isolation rather as part of a connected functional unit influenced by proximal forces from the trunk and hip along with distal influences from the ankle and foot. Using a functional approach to the dynamic neuromuscular and biomechanical factors that pre- dispose us to knee injury and the importance of correcting the influences in rehab is key to successful knee outcomes.
Mechanism of injury, functional and clinical testing for knee impairments will precede presentation and discussion of surgical interventions for: Meniscal repair, ACL procedures, and total joint replacement procedures. The role of physical therapy interventions in management of knee procedures will address acute (precautions and positioning), sub-acute and progression timelines in the post-subacute phases.
This course will use Power point slides, video demonstrations of clinical testing with discussion of the anatomical structures that dictate post-surgical precautions and timelines for knee. Surgical video review of Meniscal repair, ACL procedures, and total joint replacement procedures will be presented with generalized protection and advancement timelines discussed.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the role of proximal LE factors from the hip that affect the knee in creating dynamic Valgus.
- Describe the role of distal LE factors from the hip that affect the knee in creating dynamic Valgus.
- Demonstrate clinical procedures (tests) for targeting compromised structures affecting the knee.
- Recognize surgical procedures at the knee for: Meniscal repair, ACL procedures, and total joint replacement procedures
- Apply conservative physical therapy interventions, progression, and rationale in management of common knee conditions.
- Describe post – operative physical therapy intervention of the above operative procedures including, positioning, precautions and progressions from acute to full activity return.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.