Contact Hours2 Hours
Introduction to Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
This webinar will include a review of literature, physiology and mechanisms of IASTM & Cupping therapy techniques. Providing the most recent evidence based introduction to a quickly expanding aspect of manual therapy. Participants will learn the most effective treatment parameters, proper strokes, which tools to use for different tissues being treated and regions of body. Decompressive instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization and the benefits that would be more advantageous than the compressive nature of IASTM will be reviewed. Learn to save your hands and get patients better quicker.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify proper cupping techniques
- Identify proper indications for use and contraindications for non-use.
- Understand the proper technique of IASTM and parameters for each region of body.
- Understand the physiology and mechanisms behind IASTM.
- Discuss most recent evidence on cupping therapy & IASTM.
- Recognize appropriate applications of cupping & IASTM within therapy treatment.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.