Date & Time03/16/2022 8:00 pm ET
Contact Hours2 Hours
During this fast-paced course, we will assess the movement/restrictions of the posterior thorax, lumbar spine, hamstrings, and decompress the sacrum for enhancing parasympathetic dominance at the beginning of your treatments. You will learn some simple active and passive assessments of the skin and perifascia. The instructor will discuss slowing down with lengthening and broadening of the connective tissues. This course will also include a demonstration of cross fiber frictions on various tendons, and the application warm moist heat to the region.
The superficial tissue can play an important role in our massage and bodywork sessions. This protocol can be used as a starting point for any massage session or can be used as you transition from region to region around the body. By gently pushing and pulling the skin and underlying tissues we can identify restrictions and patterns regionally and throughout the whole body.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify 5 guiding principles for massage and bodywork treatments.
- Use warm moist heat to enhance connective tissue softening
- Practice 3 important movements to identify possible fascial restrictions or laxity
- Apply the concept of lengthening, spreading, and defining the posterior muscle groups
- Outline 2 different ways to apply these skills on current clients/patients
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions throughout the webinar and to be logged on for the entire webinar.