Contact Hours2 Hours
Inventing and Bringing a Rehabilitation Product to the Marketplace…Lessons Learned
This course will be a comprehensive introduction on the research and strategic methods of bringing a new product/device to the market. The course is designed not only for healthcare professionals who are considering moving forward in bringing a healthcare product to the market but also Entrepreneurs in other professions who wish to better understand the steps and methods of successfully launching a new product. The course will also be appropriate for individuals who work closely with clients with physical disabilities who are seeking to gain their independence in performing life skills.
The course participant will:
(1) learn how to perform research on possible competing products;
(2) learn the difference between Patents and Trademarks;
(3) learn how to perform a Patent Search;
(4) discover ways to network with other inventors and entrepreneurs in the selling marketplace;
(5) learn ways to become a grant recipient that can help fund your project;
(6) learn about organizations that offer awards and/or product recognition that will aid in your marketing efforts;
(7) determine the best ways to gain product endorsers and/or distributors;
(8) discover ways to search for and market to potential users of your product;
(9) learn about the State and Federal Agencies that can assist you with marketing your product in the US and abroad;
(10) be able to benefit from “lessons learned” by an Inventor.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the concepts involved in market research and product development related to your field or domain in order to determine if the product idea is unique and practical to address client and consumer outcomes such as increased independence with daily activities.
- Recognize the financial risk/benefits associated with new product development.
- Explain the processes involved in applying for Patents and Trademarks.
- Utilize the services of the State and Federal Agencies that can assist with advice and resources to maximize product development, offer financial assistance and offer worldwide marketing strategies.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to complete a 10 question post-test with a minimum passing score of 70%.