Contact Hours2 Hours
Attendees will learn how to support the medical necessity for maintenance therapy claims through Medicare regulations and practical examples of documenting key components that assist in demonstrating to a reviewer the necessity of maintenance therapy services.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe how maintenance therapy came to be.
- Define what maintenance therapy means.
- Summarize how to prove medical necessity for any patient.
- Describe how to specifically apply medical necessity to maintenance therapy patients.
- List Medicare’s minimal documentation requirements.
- List helpful tips in documentation to support maintenance therapy.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions throughout the webinar.