Contact Hours2 Hours
Abdominal diastasis rectus in women most often presents in pregnancy and continues well into the postpartum period. Women experience weakness, pain and significant postpartum self image changes due to the abdominal muscle separation. Online there is confusing information that is presented in an intimidating way that often leaves women feeling scared to exercise. Our role as rehabilitation professionals is to educate and empower women to effectively “mind the gap” while closing it at the same time!
This 2 hour webinar is for clinicians in any area of practice. Increasing clinician awareness, evaluation skills and treatment interventions will allow you to safely and effectively add abdominal diastasis rectus rehabilitation to your skill set. This webinar will dispel the myths associated with diastasis rectus and teach you how to empower your patients.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the physiological changes of pregnancy that lead to abdominal diastasis rectus and the initial postpartum healing process of the abdomen after delivery.
- Recite the prevalence of abdominal diastasis rectus postpartum and associated risk factors.
- Describe the most common myths associated with having abdominal diastasis rectus.
- Evaluate the trunk of the patient with diastasis rectus.
- Summarize how to educate patients on safe movement and exercise habits while in rehabilitation for diastasis rectus.
- Apply proper therapeutic exercise progression that will facilitate reduction of diastasis rectus.
- Identify red flags associated with this population.
- Identify ICD-10 codes that are used with this population.
- Identify associated pelvic health concerns associated with diastasis rectus.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar.