Date & Time03/14/2023 8:00 pm ET
Contact Hours2 Hours
The vestibular system is a small balance system that is located behind the inner ear. In this course, you will learn what causes one of the most common issues with the vestibular system: hypofunction. Discussions will include vestibular anatomy and physiology, common causes and symptoms of hypofunction, medical and clinical testing for hypofunction, and treatment strategies to reduce symptoms and improve balance.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system
- Understand the signs, symptoms, and causes of vestibular hypofunction
- Describe medical testing that can be performed to diagnose vestibular hypofunction
- Perform a basic evaluation, including clinical testing, for vestibular hypofunction
- Be able to select appropriate treatments, write goals, and perform documentation for vestibular hypofunction
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to various polling questions asked throughout the webinar.