Contact Hours2 Hours
This course will provide an overview and background on the role of myofascial release techniques using devices and other instruments. There will be a review of the relevant literature produced in this area with an emphasis on myofascial trigger points and the effectiveness of various interventions. This course will include dry cupping techniques (static and dynamic forms) as part of Instrument Assisted Soft-tissue mobilization (IASTM). This course will also discuss methods to apply myofascial release techniques using a tissue unloading strategy. Expand your toolbox and learn manual therapy techniques to deactivate soft-tissue restrictions!
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define myofascial trigger points and review techniques for their treatment.
- Explain the contraindications for the use of manual therapy.
- Describe the types of instruments and devices for the use of cupping.
- Explain the applications of dry cupping techniques for various upper and lower extremity conditions.
- Summarize the role of available evidence as it relates to the clinical practice of dry cupping techniques as a treatment intervention for musculoskeletal conditions in order to reduce the severity of symptoms allowing the patient to better engage in ADLs.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.