Contact Hours2 Hours
Therapeutic Taping Strategies for Musculoskeletal Pain
This course will provide an overview and background on the role of traditional taping (eg, McConnell and Mulligan taping) and various forms of therapeutic taping techniques. There will be a review of the relevant literature produced in this area with an emphasis on musculoskeletal conditions that are most suited for the use of therapeutic taping including low back pain (LBP), pregnancy, and Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (PFPS). A summary table of contemporary research published in the past 10-15 years will also be provided to all course attendees.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the type of tape available (inelastic vs. elastic) for musculoskeletal interventions.
- Explain the contraindications for the use of therapeutic taping applications.
- Understand the applications of patellar taping, including McConnell and Mulligan techniques, for patients with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (PFPS).
- Identify appropriate strategies for the use of taping for patients with postural deficits.
- Discuss the role of available evidence as it relates to the clinical practice of therapeutic taping.
Approved in my State?
as Physical Therapists & Physical Therapist Assistants
as Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
as Certified Athletic Trainers
as CSCS / CPT
as Massage Therapy
as Speech Therapy
Satisfactory completion of this course will require the participant to respond to polling questions asked throughout the webinar & to be logged on during the entire webinar.